Updated Call for Papers & Reviewers
GMA-GAMMA Joint Symposium, 2023 Global Marketing Conference at Seoul
Call for Papers
Call for SCOPUS-indexed Springer Book Chapters
Paper Submission Extended Deadline: 31st January 2023
The Greek Marketing Academy and the Global Alliance of Marketing & Management Associations have been hosting a Joint Symposium in every Global Marketing Conference with great success and will continue to do so in the next and future GMCs. The theme of the 2023 GMA-GAMMA Joint Symposium is:
Marketing solutions to the challenges of a Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) environment.
All papers accepted for the Symposium will be published in the Scopus-indexed series Springer Proceedings in Business and Economics
Book title: Marketing Solutions to the Challenges of a VUCA Environment
Subtitle: Proceedings of the 2023 GMA-GAMMA Joint Symposium, Seoul, Korea, July 20-23, 2023
The 2023 GMC theme is “Marketing & Management Transformation in the Challenging Digital Environment”. The GMA-GAMMA Joint Symposium seeks to expand the problematisation to the challenges posed by the broader environmental conditions and focus on theoretical, empirical, and practical solutions.
The Marketing environment has changed dramatically over the past 20 years because of the socio-political and economic upheavals that have violently restructured the business world. It has been shaped by
- unforeseen economic, political, and technological shocks,
- unprecedented developments,
- digital transformation,
- supply chain and trade disruptions,
- reconfigured labour relations and work conditions, the gig economy
- climate change, environmental issues, and major energy crises
- rising cost of living, economic polarization and decline of the middle class
The state of flux has become the ‘new normal’ which looks nothing like normal. Violent and unpredictable change seems to have irrevocably replaced the sense of certainty, stability, and familiarity that businesses and consumers were used to in the post WWII era, when marketing theory and practice flourished. This type of environment, described by the VUCA acronym which stands for Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, and Ambiguous circumstances, poses challenges for marketing practitioners as well as scholars.
The 2023 GMA-GAMMA Joint Symposium seeks to showcase cutting edge research on how these challenges have affected Marketing Management and/or Marketing Communications with an emphasis on the solutions to the practical problems the VUCA environment creates.
We seek original work on (but not limited to)
- theoretical advances to understanding, predicting, and facing the challenges a VUCA environment presents marketers with
- empirical work on
- marketing management in a connected society where change is fast-paced, constant and unpredictable
- utilisation of the rapid advances in ubiquitous technology such as the internet, social media, smartphones, and wearables for marketing communications
- X-realities, chat bots and other AI technologies and their applications as advertising and service delivery tools (e.g. in retailing or tourism)
- the use of AI, Big Data, digital marketing analytics, and market modeling to mitigate turbulence, risk, and unpredictability in consumer and business markets as well as for CRM purposes
- experiential marketing and the marketing of experiences
- case studies of
- successful responses to the VUCA challenges
- turning challenges into opportunities
- marketing new products
- serving evolving, emerging and underserved markets.
We particularly encourage submissions from the Mediterranean, CEE, and MENA regions and are looking forward to seeing work exploring the contextual particularities of the region.
Conference website: https://2023gmc.imweb.me/
Conference Dates: July 20-23, 2023
Paper Submission Extended Deadline: 31 January 2023
Acceptance letters to authors by 31 March 2023
Revised papers submitted to the proceedings editor by the authors: 10 April 2023
Book Chapter Submission Deadline: 31 May 2023 (you can submit an Abstract for the Symposium and a full paper (min 10 pages – maximum 40 pages) for the book.
Information for Authors of Springer Proceedings | Springer — International Publisher
Please submit your paper here: https://2023gmc.imweb.me/22
Manuscripts must follow Manuscript Submission Guidelines: 2023 Global Marketing Conference at Seoul and Reference Style of GAMMA Journals and Proceedings: https://2023gmc.imweb.me/ . Manuscripts should not exceed 5 pages (single spaced) for abstracts or 20 pages for full papers in double space. Submissions will be double-blind reviewed. Please do not include any author information in the submission file. Early submissions are particularly welcome.
Please direct any inquiries to the Symposium Chair: Prof. Anna K. Zarkada, Department of Public Communication, Cyprus University of Technology, 30 Archbishop Kyprianou Str, 3036 Limassol, Cyprus, email@example.com, Tel: +357 2500.2046, Fax: +357 25002750.
Call for Symposium and Book Chapter Reviewers
The success of the GMA-GAMMA 2023 Joint Symposium and the book relies heavily on our reviewers. If you are willing to help, please email
- a short (max 100 words) bio,
- the keywords of papers you would be willing to review (please provide 5-6 specific keywords so that you are allocated the papers that best fit your expertise), and
- the references to three of your most recent or representative publications
to the Symposium Chair Anna K. Zarkada (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please use “GMA-GAMMA 2023 reviewers” as the Subject line of your email. Your contribution will be gratefully acknowledged.